Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

The Wendy Lopez Interviews- Vol V

Hey, I'm Ray the camera man, I will be narrating today's story because the person who does it usually is on holiday, I'm not a man of many words so I'll skip the intellectual intro and go straight into it...
Three months after we had the most viewers rating we've ever gotten on the show because of Mr Grass' suicide theory...we got a lot complaints and buckets full of fan mail requesting a casual interview with an insight into Emery Grass' life.
Of course as you can imagine, Miss Wendy Lopez swore over her dead body that she wouldn't take that assignment but she's perfect for the job, I cannot think of anyone else in the show who Emery would pay any attention to and who could do what she does and I'm not just saying that because I think she's the most beautiful being in the world, she's good at her job.
So I followed the direction of the built-in SatNav in the van and it led us to a mansion...I swear to you, I thought Mrs. Greyworth's mansion was breathtaking but this one was soul grabbing, if I didn't know who the owner was, the elegance of the building would've told me anyway. I knew Miss Lopez's thoughts were similar to mine when I looked at her.
I Got the equipment. We were welcomed into the house by an old Irish butler.
"You must be Miss Wendy, Mr. Grass will be with you shortly, follow me, I'll show you to the room you're to sXet up your equipment in. It should make lighting easier for you and the ambience is just delightful"
I chuckled a little and Miss Lopez looked at me and shook her head.
"Wendy will be fine" she smiled politely "and thank you,....?"
"Oh my name is Shaw" he said quickly
I felt way too awkward to introduce myself so I kept my stare at the paintings on the wall. The man definitely loved his art..and his music...I won't go into too much details but it was definitely closer to paradise than most locations, I won't even talk about the picture of him with President Obama hanging out in his game room.

An hour later...
I get joy from staring at Miss Lopez, her beauty surpasses description,anyway, Emery eventually shows up and there's this awkward sexual tension *sigh*
"Hello Miss Lopez" he said smiling
"Grass" her expression not flinching
"Okay places everyone, let's do this in a hurry" I said to break the tense atmosphere "the sooner the better the quicker we can get outta here" I continued under my breath
Twenty minutes later...
And we're on in 5...4...3...2..."
"Good day all and welcome to another episode of iSay, today, we're giving back to you as an audience and so we went through our fan mail. Ninety-six percent of the mail we received requested for an insight into Emery Grass' life and so we brought the horse himself..." She paused for a few seconds "...to do just that"
*yawn* I felt like there was no need for him to say anything, a greedy, cocky and insensitive nigga who probably stepped on people to get to where he is.
"So, who is Emery Grass?"
"Um that's a very vague question but I'd like to say what you see is what you get"
Miss Lopez looked at him like he had vomit on his face
"Okay then what's it like to be who you are?"
"Who am I?" He was smiling
As slowly as she could "well, you're in the top ten list in terms of global wealth, um you seem to be a sex symbol, you're a role model to a lot of young males, the list goes on...we could be here all day but please let's not". It was then I noticed the bags under her eyes.
Emery took a deep breath before he answered, his eyes fixed straight ahead, he began his answer..
"What it's like to be Mr. Emery Grass...no one has ever asked me that before. I guess I don't see my life the way people see it" he laughed.
I, personally, didn't think what he said was funny.
"So how do you see it?" Miss Lopez pressed on
"My life....my life is a result of everything I don't want my children to go through" he said still smiling
"Your children?"
"Yes, I always think five years ahead"
"Could you expand more on that statement?"
"I was determined to be as successful as I am now because I want to be a father who stays AND can provide for my son"
"I'm still lost" she frowned a little. I guess she could not figure out where he was headed this time
"Last time I was on your show, I shared a little bit about my mother...she raised me all by herself cos my dad left us when I was three or four..." He paused as he glanced at his hands "and then um..he came back for whatever reason when I was eight years old. Briefly. He explained why he had to leave again. He didn't plan to have a child. He couldn't afford one" he paused and smiled. This time, the usual confidence in his grin was lost,instead it looked painful.
"He decided not to stay because he felt he could not provide for me" he looked down "you know, I'd pick a staying dad over a providing dad any day"
"So why did that inspire you to become wealthy?" Miss Lopez asked almost in a whisper
"Because I never want to be put in a position whereby I'd have to leave my seed to grow up without me in the name of "being broke". I didn't want my dad to provide for me..I really just wanted him to be there, to stay" he looked into the camera
"Would you consider forgiving him or reconciling with him?"
This is where shock got hold of me
His usual smile returned
"I forgave my dad when I made my first million" is this dude for real? I did see tears well up in his eyes, there was something about what he was talking about that I didn't get but I understood at that point in time that he wasn't as insensitive as I thought. He looked into the camera
"Dad, if you're watching this, I love you,sir" he turned to Miss Wendy and nodded "you know the scary thing about being where I'm at?"
"Tell me"
"Its been a journey but somehow sometimes I feel like I'm right back at the beginning, am I going to wake up and my mother is suffering again? Nothing guarantees what I have and what I have guarantees nothing".
"Would it be fair to say your father..or the absence of your father plays a huge part in your life?" She said carefully.
He was in deep thought
"I can't really answer that however I'd like to throw it out there that I owe a lot to the male figure in my life"
"And who is that?"
"My grandfather, I'd like to say that the absence of my biological father NEVER gave me a reason to not wanna be the greatest man in the world. Its not a good enoughj reason to not be the best at everything" he folded his arms "and it most definitely isn't an excuse to be out in the streets being stupid"
"Why did you make that random point?"
"Because I watch a lot of documentaries lately about boys in the streets and I think its all crap. If your father left you, shouldn't you want to prove that he aint s*#t? And go out there and make your hustle worth talking about positively?" He shook his head, I'll make no further comments about this.
His smile returned again
"In case you're wondering, my love life is non existent and so I'm much available" he raised his brow smugly at her.
*sigh* I noticed her blush
Ten minutes later, after her signal I stopped recording.
------------------
















4 comments:

  1. Stuff of a genius

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog especially the Wendy Lopez Interviews, very captivating.

    ReplyDelete