Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Wendy Lopez Interviews- Vol VI

Hi there, i'm Emery Grass...i'm sure you've all heard of me
i must warn you, the end of this episode is NOT what you might be expecting at all but yes i finally got a kiss from Miss Lopez and here's how it happened...

I don't think you're aware- or maybe you are- iSay wanted me to appear more on the show because every time I appear, their ratings hit the roof, I have NO idea why and so they made Wendy and I co-presenters. As you can imagine it did not go down well with her.

Anyway, on my third day working there, I was briefed before the show about the guest coming, something about the winner of this year's Miss World. I did not pay attention to her name.
I left my dressing room and walked on to the studio, to find Wendy staring hard at her script. In Emery time, it was time to stare and lust after her, she usually spends about four minutes and thirty seven seconds looking at her script and according to my calculations, the left side of her mouth was now slightly twitching which meant i had two minutes left to knock myself out with her beauty.

What amazes me about her the most is her skin, perfect shade of sexy with pretty features to serenade her gorgeous ears. Her ears captivate me, almost too distracting for me to handle, this is why i focus on her breasts. Not too big, not nonexistent either, just enough for me to want to do anything for her and her smile...long story short, i'd sell my soul over and over just to see her smile.

I had eighteen seconds left but Ray nudged me a little too harshly to tell me we'd be on air in one minute. I'm not one who gets paranoid but I'm too sure that dude doesn't like me at all. "oh well, i'm rich"  I thought.


"Okay places everyone...please" he prompted, he's not the most confident dudes you'd come across but he IS very good at what he does. I didn't take the time to notice our guest so i made my way straight to my seat and looked into my script once again.

Before I realised what was going on, i looked up and....

"And we're on in 5...4...3...2..."

"Good day all and welcome to another episode of iSay" naturally and ever so gracefully, Wendy began the show "I'm Wendy Lopez and this is my colleague..."
"Emery Grass" I completed as scripted, trying not to catch the eye of our guest, even though her gaze kept itching my skin.
"Today, we have with us this year's Miss World winner, Linnet Dein"
I don't know what happened in the next few seconds because my mind flashed back to the past....

...our engagement party four years, two months, a week and four days ago....

 "It's a pleasure having you here, ma'am" I managed to squeeze out of my brain. I knew I was in for something when she gave me a look I was too sure had spoken up and said "you're dead, Emery"

"Today, selected by you our audience, is teenage pregnancy" she looked swiftly at Linnet "Miss Dein, what's your take on this matter"
I could sense something abominable occurring so I made a silent promise to the gods not to say anything offensive. I had been a good boy so far in Wendy's books,  I did not want to spoil it now. I briefly wondered what she would say if she found out I left Linnet with a pregnancy. In my defense, when i left, i was not aware of the pregnancy, I found out from my best friend that she had an abortion.

"What do you think Emery?" my name brought me back to reality

I thought it smart to play along...

"I agree with Wendy" I said forcing a smile and i noticed a few faces in the studio crew including Wendy's filled with shock or maybe extreme surprise.
"You agree that parents are to blame and there should be stricter monitoring both at school and home, that was ...."

"Is that what you said???" I said with disgust and the whole Linnet issue left my mind immediately "I'm sorry, i misheard you. I absolutely disagree"

"here we go" I just about heard Wendy mutter

"oh really? so what do YOU think Mr Emery Grass, since you know a lot about fornicating and pregnancy"
Linnet sneered

I ignored her tone and sought to correct both their perspectives
"well, first of all, not all teenage pregnancy is from fornication, you CAN get stupid teenagers who got married. Secondly, you can't blame parents for their daughters not knowing how to keep their pants up and their sons not knowing how to use a condom. As soon as you start having sex, you're an adult, I don't care how young you are- you wanna do adult things, then you're an adult"

"No, you can't really say that...." Linnet began

"yes I can and I have, if I find out my son is having sex, he'll start paying rent in my house. Why are you having sex..."

"Emery, you can't really talk, when did YOU start having sex, stop being a hypocrite right now please" Linnet rolled her eyes "and don't even bring up being careful either, you of all people..."

"what does that mean?" Wendy sensed something was up

"It does not matter right now" I almost yelled "I am saying, if you're gonna have sex in the first place, wear a condom, its NOT that hard"

"like you... did?" Miss Linnet Dein said so softly i had to look at her and then quickly at Wendy. The way her eyebrows arched told me she had an idea of what is going on.

I looked at Josephine, one of the producers, for help. There was no way they were not made aware of my history with Miss Dein in their research The thought that they might have done this on purpose for the sake of entertainment made me VERY angry.

"schools try to reduce teenage pregnancies by teaching sex education and telling them some of the consequences- yet they continue to have sex with or without condoms. I stick my notion that the individuals DECIDE to do the nasty regardless of what the people placed above them as authorities say or do. You can't put all the blame on parents" i said as softly as i could manage and turned to the camera "please don't go anywhere, we'll be back after the break" i forced a smile and got up immediately

Those of you who are well aware of the iSay series know we don't do breaks but i'm a boss i guess so i did it, of course they would have to cut to commercial.

As I walked out of the studio, i heard Linnet walk briskly after me, i sighed

"why did you leave?" she demanded
I stopped, she deserved an explanation, I was a jerk for leaving

I looked at her and shrugged "there's not a reason I could give you right now that could justify my action and i'm sorry"
"so you just won't give me an explanation? Don't i deserve that much?" she had tears in her eyes "there's not a day I didn't wonder what I did or try to think if there was something I could have done better as a girlfriend"
"Linnet, we were young, I had a lot of things and I hated the fact that you were not my priority..."
"I would have been fine with that, Emery"
"That's not what you deserve, I was a jerk"
"You loved me...didn't you?"
My heart stopped, I could not answer....even now I don't know what the right answer is....
"Linnet..I..."
"then why did you propose to me and make me anticipate spending the rest of my life with you?" she hit my chest. I wanted to hug her and apologize and everything would be fine but reality is not that kind.

I saw Wendy watching us from a distance...
"When I got an invite from iSay, I thought there might have been a possibility that I'd...." she smiled bitterly
"I'm sorry I left you when you were pregnant, I didn't know"

She smiled

"how do you know I was pregnant?"
"Fred told me"

She laughed...I was confused, when Fred told me, I was heartbroken, my world was turned upside down. I did not call her because I did not want a child to be raised in a home without love, I would not be able to teach my son about love- I wanted a real man with more wisdom to raise my child.

"Did he tell you the pregnancy was his?" she said sighed and said softly
"I don't understand" I honestly didn't understand
"The day you went to Aspen and you had that mini accident, he came to "console" me and ...he did, i'm sorry" she was expressionless
"okay, that's cool. I have to go now, i have a few things on my mind, be safe" I turned around and walked towards my car.
No it was not cool. I could not explain why to myself but It was NOT cool.

With a clouded mind, I thought of Fred again as I drove out of the Studio premises.....

I did not see the lorry that drove into me.....

I woke up at the hospital, my head felt heavy and my lungs still felt choked, my body was cold but the sight of Wendy brought some warmth to my chest.

"hey soldier" she smiled
"hey" I beamed "this is the best way to wake up" my lungs choked up again which made me cough violently.
"the doctors said you're doing pretty well, soon you'll be outta here" she touched my cheek
"Wendy, i'm sorry for what you witnessed the other day...."
she hushed me and sat by my side "please just focus on getting better, it's been two months"
"what??" I coughed again "I've been here that long?"
she nodded.
"anyway, I just wanna tell you...i'm in love with you, Wendy, in  case you haven't noticed..."
she hushed me again, smiling and this time she sealed my lips with hers....

I felt more warmth...

"Emery just get better quickly" she smiled
I smiled too and this time, my head felt light and heavy at the same time, my lungs choked up and I coughed till I fell asleep a VERY happy man...

....Except...I never woke up again.....

5 comments: