Pages

Friday 25 April 2014

Fight

The dark clouds and night's breeze tickled me to sleep
So sweet, the more the wind whispered, I fell deep
I dreamt of the blue night sky, disappearing clouds
The cool air rocked my mind till I heard sounds

Suddenly the blue night sky began to turn navy
And there was confusion, the clouds got wavy
Then came a forest, the depth not apparent
The sound was like a hushed battlefield from a distance

Shot back to reality, there was a thick atmosphere
The air not so cool and loud silence, something is here
I turned my light on and looked carefully around
Satisfied, I heaved a deep sigh before looking at the ground

It stood there staring at me and my light
Daring me to do my worst, put on my best fight
It had my calculated moves on its wing
As soon as I launched, its legs also took a swing

My five foot eleven inches of lethal godlessness got up
Against its quarter of an inch pestilence from the ground up
A tenth of a second was too long a time to give it
Its speed surpassed fast, I needed to end it

The little bag of scum disappeared in a blink
Fear like leprosy befell my omnipotence, think!
Madness engrossed my mind, it had vanished
I kicked down furniture, this battle hadn't finished

I felt movement, I picked up my light and my weapon
My weapon, a size eight in all its glory, leathered and hard
A device that brought out the caramel that are my feet
The protection I used to walk to avoid being gashed

I looked towards the wardrobe, there it was, waiting
Injured, one limb obscured, it was calculating
it came out forging surrender, but it retreated
It repeated the tactic twice more, it knew it was defeated

I waited and waited, the little monster tested my patience
I dreaded the thought of revisiting slumber, negligence
Even the air intently anticipated what would happen next
So did my weapon

It got hotter, the freight train in my chest kept chugging
From the corner of my eyes, I saw its little head scurrying
I prepared myself, I prepared my mind and my weapon
I smiled, I mused at my emotional erection, I had the felon

With every strength and threat
I wiped my head, wiped the sweat
I executed my little skilled plan and approach
*blows on my bicep guns*
I killed the muthafucking 'roach

No comments:

Post a Comment