Pages

Sunday 20 April 2014

Unequal

Sweat beads and raindrops
Mystical forms and dark shadows
Never understood why my throat caught a lump
I was going to tell you
But you knew, Lord knows.

I knew?

Yes.
The dryness of my tongue
When you smile at me
Or even the ceasing of air in my lungs
I underestimated the availability of my emotions
You never saw it coming either
the heavy roar of the thunder
The swift mirage of lightening

Oh dear, what are you saying?

Wait. Let me speak
This has long reached its peak
The tickle of your eyes on my skin
Creates sharp whispers deep down within
I say all these not to win your heart

Good, you shoulda stopped from the start.

I say them just so you can hear
So that this time next year
I can look at all the love notes and tear
Because this has become too much to bear

You still haven't reached your point.

I do not want to speak amiss
I need you to read my lips

Your lips?

My lips.
Your hips.
Our lips.
The sweet and soft experience I long for

Oh.

I tread softly.
The eggshells and glass shards
They still cut deeply
But the blood it weeps
Unpumped because my heart still skips

I understand.

I'm glad.
My pride demands
That I say no more
I long for what now lies in store
For the silence I have now broken
What I shoulda left unspoken
May backfire
And the storm may spark the fire
The hell I dreaded.

No.

Its not for you to decide
This is under the reign of time
Under its law, I'll abide
And see the justice of my crime

1 comment: