Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Unsung Hero

As I lay in my bed reflecting about you
About the times I would stand
in your shoes and smile
You'd look at me with so much pride
You'd carry me and throw me in the air
Beaming at me with indigestible love
When I first started school
I never wanted to leave your car
I never wanted to leave you
Your love so near surrounded me so tight
Like a quilt of unshakeable security
I was scared and you said
"You will control nations one day"
I did not know what you meant
But somehow I felt much better
I don't have much words to say
But what I need to say is more than words
You're my role model
You're my mentor
You're my proprietor
You're my friend
You've instilled a legacy in me
A legacy of love and perseverance
You allowed me broaden my mind
And now I'm on my way to conquer
You've taught me to appreciate
Those who hate me
You taught me to think
You taught me the power of words
And the importance of my emotions
You taught me that I'm great
And there's no shame in serving others
You also taught me to put them first
Even if they think about me last
If I had a thousand pens, dad,
They wouldn't be enough for me to continue
But I'd like to say to you today
You're my favourite super hero

------------------

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. this is beautiful and got me emotional....WOW

      Delete
  2. Realy soo Beautiful.. I Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written....I know I shouldnt take the title literally. (This Hero gave the World a child gifted, even in Singing, Should this Hero remain unsung???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Seun O: Thanks for sharing your inspiration and hero with me and others. Beautifully written indeed. Love the fact you used the word "serving"

    ReplyDelete