Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

My Drum Beats


My drum beats...
But my rhythm is crazy
So many questions and just a few answers, maybe
Some of them are even incompetent, they seem it
The melody is consistent but it falters occasionally
I kept the beauty at the top of my shelf, forgot it there really
Then the rat came knocking and put it at the second level
Yet my tempo remained the same, even I began to marvel
Again there was a knock and this time it was a sheep
It didn’t fool me; I saw the zipper on its belly, I won’t sleep
 I knew it was a wolf
It came right in and brought the beauty down
But I let the music keep playing; it would still be perfect no matter what
So when you want to be my soldier and you don’t have gut
What happens now that treasure has been laid bare?
Left in the wild in the access of a lions flare
The concept of the beauty was misunderstood
And now I question the grounds on which the music that was made stood
The very same I used to worship
Gave room for it to be tarnished by selfishness and gossip
The very great defence system now claims the role of the prey
And I was told to stop playing my beat to Marvin Gaye
Feel the madness it breeds and share the agony that wraps the pain
Your drums beats
But the rhythm is shady
The red might be crimson yet it’s maroon or maybe even scarlet
My melody sought eyes to see the best in you
My treasure fought to always forgive the worst things you do
My peace could kill to forget the bad
And I left the sound there to vibrate and be picked up by that lad
The painter would colour me purple
And just when I want to stop strumming
My drum beats that I stop running

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cassie DAVES so u know Shayo Grass?
      its Reni by the way... mwah! all my love,
      X

      Delete
  2. Interesting work Shayo by the way... Like the twist to it.

    ReplyDelete